The Dax Centre is situated on the ground floor of the Melbourne Brain Centre at 30 Royal Parade in the Kenneth Myer Building of the University of Melbourne.
The Dax Centre welcomes individuals and groups. We provide tailored tours for teachers, students, professionals, and community groups.
For more information please contact The Dax Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about our COVID-19 Safety Measures
We are working hard to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers by implementing a range of hygiene and physical distancing measures.
Please read the following information carefully to help us protect everyone’s health.
Before your visit:
- We ask that you please do not visit if you are unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- If you would like to buy a copy of our current exhibition catalogue or make a donation to The Dax Centre we are encouraging contactless payments, so please bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases.
When you are at The Dax Centre:
- Please enter The Dax Centre from Genetics Lane. You access Genetic Lane from Royal Parade, walk down Genetics Lane (alongside the Kenneth Myer Building away) and you will find The Dax Centre entry on your right.
- Please use the hand-sanitiser provided at each building on arrival.
- All visitors will be required to provide names and contact details upon entry to support contact tracing.
- Help us to maintain social distancing within the gallery by keeping at least 1.5 metres space between you and others at all times and not entering a room if it is not possible to safely distance yourself.
- Cloaking facilities will not be available so please do not bring large items of luggage with you.
It is a condition of entry that all visitors adhere to these requirements at all times during their visit.
Health and safety measures we are putting in place:
- Clearly marked entry and exits with signage to help visitors maintain safe distances.
- A maximum capacity of 70 people in The Dax Centre Gallery
- We have removed some seating in the gallery spaces to allow for physical distancing. Folding chairs are available and cleaned regularly, please ask a staff member if you require a chair.
- Cleaning of the site will be undertaken daily
- All Staff and Volunteers are trained in maintaining health and hygiene protocols.
- We will continue to be guided by the Victorian Government’s health guidelines and will provide updates to this information.
The Dax Centre is on the west side of Royal Parade, Melbourne near Grattan Street.
Metered parking is available on Royal Parade.
The Kenneth Myer Building has underground parking with fees of $12.50 for four hours or $25 all day to midnight.
Private Bus Parking is available at Wilson Hall, University of Melbourne.
Take Number 19 Tram from Elizabeth Street, City and get off at Stop 11.
The Dax Centre is immediately across Royal Parade from the tram stop.
No photography is allowed without prior arrangement with The Dax Centre.