The Dax Education Tertiary Program offers tailored tours within a multidimensional framework through which to view the artworks. These programs are run for undergraduate and postgraduate students in health care, humanities and the arts with clear curriculum links, and are presented by professionals from multidisciplinary backgrounds with experience in mental health and art. The tours range from 1 – 1.5 hours and include a guided tour of the gallery.
Areas of study include:
Health Care: Medicine, Psychology, Psychiatry, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Welfare and Alcohol & Other Drugs.
Arts: Fine Arts, Art Curatorial and Museum Studies, Ethics, Arts, Art Management, Conservation Studies and Art History
Humanities: Cinema Studies, Law, Ethics and Education
Topics for discussion can include:
- what is mental illness?;
- social attitudes to mental illness;
- ethics in presenting artwork created by people with an experience of mental illness;
- human rights, stigma, discrimination and prejudice;
- art materials, techniques and principles;
- art, industry and curatorial issues;
- the interface between illness and creative expression;
- art history; and
- mental and emotional wellbeing.
To discuss tailoring a program to your needs contact email@example.com
Duration: 1 – 1.5 hours
Cost: $15 per student (excl. GST)
Bookings: Contact Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org